Arkadia has been exploring the wealth of Belgium's cultural heritage - and more specifically Brussels' - since 1983. Over the last forty years Arkadia has developed a wide range of cultural projects with themes going from architecture and urban planning to culture and visual arts; from the Middle Ages to the present day.
We want our audience to actually see and understand the city and its architectural development. We want to give our audience the means to approach artistic creation and its meaning. We strive to bring people and culture together in each and every project of ours.
Specialists in architectural heritage and contemporary art, we will make you (re)discover the city through guided tours and lectures in several languages and with an educational approach. We are convinced that seeing and understanding one's city helps to preserve and defend it.
Our activities :
- Guided tours on foot, by bus, by metro
- Educational projects
- Visits of exceptional interiors
Our expertise :
- Our team consists of 60 historian and art historian guides. Each guide has his or her own area of expertise (period, subject, artistic field), which ensures a high quality visit. We offer tours in French, Dutch, English, German, Italian, Spanish and Hungarian.
Depending on your profile, Arkadia can offer you an adapted formula:
- If you are on your own and would like to join one of our tours, we offer an annual programme for individuals focusing on Brussels, its history and the contemporary city.
- If you have a group and would like to organise a walk, bus or metro tour in the language of your choice, we offer a wide range of original and lively tours.
- If you are a teacher and would like a visit adapted for your class: we offer thematic and educational visits with a guide specialised in working with students.
- If you are a company and would like to organise an activity with your team: we offer a series of fun and original activities based on history, gourmet food and exceptional interiors.
Thanks to our partners: Collection Vanhaerents, Design Museum Brussels, Explore.Brussels, Flagey, Hôtel Solvay, Hôtel Max Hallet, House of European History, MIMA, Musée Belvue, Palace of Justice, The Solvay Library and many others, Arkadia offers you visits to major cultural institutions. To discover them, form a group and contact us!